Product • Graphics • Paper Artist
Kanupriya is addicted to handicrafts and handmade things all around. She loves colors in every form and is driven towards beautiful people and life.
Fashion and Lifestyle designer by profession ; she has completed her Bachelors degree in Design from one of the most reputed design schools in India, National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi.
She is a fanatic reader, finds peace in the aroma of books and is passionate about design.. mainly home and kitchen accessories.
She explores new realms of product designing by blending functionality and aesthetics to create designs that are sustainable and visually appealing, to achieve this she commits herself to a pragmatic approach that is deep research to understand the philosophy of design and the emerging domains in it, with a thorough lookout over the creative as well as commercial requirements of the clients.
She has found her niche in creating simple and sensible things for home, kitchen and the human soul.
Currently she is working as an Independent Product Designer and makes handcrafted paper accessories By the name of “Hopping Chidiya”
Kanupriya Ahuja Asnani DOB | July 09, 1985
EDUCATION Bachelor of Design in Fashion and Lifestyle Accessories, NIFT, New Delhi | 2003-2007
Senior secondary examination CBSE | 2000 | Oxford Sr. Sec. School, Vikas Puri
Secondary examination CBSE | 2002 | Oxford Sr. Sec. School, Vikas Puri
SKILLS AND WORK AREAS
Software proficiency | adobe photoshop, corel draw, indesign, Illustrator, MS office, i work (mac)
Other professional skills | conceptualization, sketching, model making, photography, good with people leadership, multitasking, market research, graphic design, trend analysis, client relations.
Work Areas | Lifestyle products, Fashion Accessories, Branding, Print design, knowledge of production processes ( product design, print design, web design, product photography ).
Current 2017-18 : Freelance Product Designer at Fns International – https://www.fns.co.in/
Freelance Graphic Designer at Switcher 2015-18 – http://www.switcher.in/
Branding for “Anisha” Dressing the Indian Women 2018- Upcoming Retail Store in Kanpur.
Founder and Creative Head – Hopping Chidiya https://www.facebook.com/HoppingChidiya/
Freelance Product Designer Branding | Ooz Lifestyle Overall Branding and label designs for their online branded shirts available on www.brandooz.com | Feb-March 2012
Craft Sector | Design skill enhancement training programme on Bell Metal Workshop held in Raigarh | December 2010
Maatti Design | New Delhi | India | June 2007 – November 2010 Senior product designer
Worked as a senior product designer, handled a team of five Designers and three 3D Artists, worked with several international buyers, often juggling between various projects at once.
– Product design and development for Home and Lifestyle accessories ranging from Tableware to jewelry for various domestic and international brands.
– Retail displays, internet kiosks and CDU designs and concepts for clients.
– Product packaging designs and development of products for clients along with independent packaging design and concept development.
– Print media designing for various international trade shows.
– Exhibition booth designs and showroom designs along with detailed technical drawing.
– Photo shoot planning and execution for packaging, website, catalogs and trade shows.
– Prototyping and coordination with vendors for sample developments.
– Maintaining a collaborative platform to interact with vendors and customers to enable the idea and information flow for better streamlining of the work.
– Brand identity projects | logo, stationary, packaging and products.
Titan Industries Limited, Tanishq | New Delhi, Bangalore | India | Jan 2007 to May 2007
Degree Project Trainee
Did on-field study on 5 crafts of North India along with designs and development of jewelry collections and earned SGPA of 10
– Design and development of two collections of fashion earrings inspired by Parandi craft of Punjab in 22k handcrafted gold based on the crafts, maintaining its integral essence along with study of relevant market trends and consumer.
– One collection of Sarafas (silk necklace back cords) and Kanauti (silk ear tassel) was designed and developed. Golden Peakock Overseas Limited | Noida | India | May 2006 – July 2006 Summer Internship
– Trainee – Graphic Design for catalogues, packaging and sample files.
– Trend study on lighting accessories in India.
Freelance work Concepts of canvas bags for the Western European and Mediterranean markets for Pankaj International, Kolkata.
Graphics for Kitchen Tiles.
Logo and stationary for a Real Estate company, pipe manufacturing unit and others.
Projects at NIFT Range of jute bags and belts for Italian market keeping track of summer forecast-07 for Pankaj International, Kolkata | Mar 06
Interior products | coffee tables and magazine holder were designed and prototyped in teak wood in-order to give a new outlook to wood craft of the Jhabua district (M.P.) | Feb 2006
Interactive toys were designed and prototyped for an N.G.O called ‘Aadi’ that provides vocational training to disabled children and adults | Jul 2005
Domestic landscape mapping project for whirlpool | May 2005
Passionate about translating emerging trends into successful product lines that connect on an emotional level and sell through at retail.
Ability to stick to the creative brief and other guidelines.
Good at multitasking, thrive on team efforts, making and meeting deadlines.
Knowledge of changing design trends and market in various sectors.
Efficient at problem solving, have the capability to adjust my personal styling according to the client specifications.
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS Career Conference-cum-Career Exhibition at K.V., JNU, New Delhi | Organised by NCERT | Invited as Guest Speaker on careers in fashion and accessory designing.
Nomadic Banquet | Doors of Perception | March 2005 | An interdisciplinary social innovation research on tools for mapping the street food culture conducted by Debra Solomon of the Dutch art institute-Amsterdam.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND INTERESTS Inquisitive, progressive, team player, friendly, ethical. Contemporary dance, painting, Photography, traveling, paper crafts (quilling | layering), star gazing, food, pets, art and all facets of design.
Follow her on Insta @hoppingchidiya
Simplicity is the ultimate beauty
Get in touch
Kanupriya, New Delhi, India.